Thursday, February 2, 2012

Why Viable Green?

Viable-Green
vi-a-ble
[vahy-uh-buh'l]
adjective
1. capable of living


Many people want to do something to live a "Greener" Lifestyle. Many of those people do extreme or sometimes costly things such as offsetting their carbon footprint from an airline flight or yearly vehicle emissions through the purchasing of carbon credits. Some spend thousands of dollars installing photovoltaic cells on the roofs of their home. These are all fantastic courses of action, but are often beyond the reach of the average person who also wants to make a difference.
SO... what is one to do? 
The primary reason I am doing this blog is to show that there are many "small" things that one can do daily, that can help you live not only a "greener" but also healthier lifestyle. 

Aristotle said "The whole is more than the sum of its parts". Let's take his advice and through many small actions, create a much larger, "Greener" whole. 
Each day I am going to present a simple tip, idea, product or action that I intend to or have already included in my life, in an attempt to show how easy it can be, and that we are all  "Capable of Living Green".


Ps. For those of you who are interested in offsetting your carbon footprint by purchasing carbon credits please check out the link below. If nothing else, it is interesting to see how many Pounds/Tons of CO2 we use for certain activities on a daily or yearly basis...and No... I am not affiliated with, nor do I work for, or whatever else, with Carbon Planet. 





No comments:

Post a Comment